Monday 2 June 2008

Haiku of Richard Wright(54)



(photo) early summer flowers

(Original)
A September rain
Tumbling down in drops so big
They wobble as they fall.


九月の雨は
突然の大粒で
ゆらゆらと落ちてくる


(Hohsai)
久し振りの雨の雨だれの音
The sounds of raindrops
On the first rainy day
In a long time.




■I couldn't quite see the scene of Wright's haiku, though I comprehend it is not a heavy rain. When here in Japan big raindrops begin to fall suddenly, it often become a heavy rain. "wobble" doesn't mean a heavy rain , but big drops fall while moving unsteadly from side to side. I can't imagine the scene. In the case of Hohsai, I can share his feelings of delight about the first sounds of randrops in a long time. It sounds attractive to me because I have experiences that it healed me when I was out of shape.

No comments: